Ensure your Tooth Extraction is Efficient, Effective and Pain-free
Dental Extraction - The Key to A Healthy Smile
Tooth extractions are a necessary procedure that most people have experienced at some point in their lives. They can be done either to remove an infection or tooth decay, and extraction will typically help maintain oral health by preventing further damage due to untreated infections.
Many people think wisdom teeth removal only occurs during adulthood, whereas children and teens could benefit significantly by getting this done early! Teens might need extraction if they notice any signs of trouble – ranging from difficulties in chewing food properly and other oral infections.
Why Do You Need Dental Extraction?
- Teeth can be extracted for a variety of reasons. Suppose you have teeth that are decayed, infected or crowded- In that case, it may be necessary to remove them to keep your mouth healthy.
- One condition that affects the growth of teeth is called impacted canines. The extra tooth or teeth get blocked by other teeth and often do not come in, resulting in gum swelling. With tooth extractions, you can quickly restore healthy teeth and gums.
Safely Remove Teeth with a Skilled Dental Expert
Your dentist will take an X-ray before scheduling the procedure. Be sure to tell them about any medications you’re taking, as well as vitamins and supplements that may affect your dental health in general or cause side effects when combined with certain prescription drugs!
Additionally, It’s important to let your dentist know if you have recently been diagnosed with another medical condition that may require intravenous bisphosphonate drug treatment. If so, they should perform an extraction before conducting this type of supplement therapy because it could put the jaw at risk of osteonecrosis.
Dental Extractions for Adults and Teens
- A simple extraction is the most common type of procedure performed by general dentists. In this process, you’ll have your tooth loosened with an instrument called the “elevator”, then removed using forceps.
- When all else fails to remove it on one’s own or because there are no nerves left within its socket for some other reason- whichever comes first!
- A surgical extraction is a more complex procedure. It can be used if you have an extracted tooth that may have broken off at the gum line or not risen in your mouth yet.
- If you happen to have any of the above injuries or fallen teeth, then this type of oral surgery might be needed for removal purposes and will likely be done by either an oral surgeon (a specialist).
Tooth extractions can be a simple procedure if the infection is local. However, some people may need to have their extraction done under general anesthesia because of medical conditions or lack of pain tolerance.
Make your Dental Extractions Easy in Melbourne With Us
- Henry Street Dental Care is a Melbourne-based dental practice that provides quality, gentle and meticulous care for all of your family’s oral health needs.
- Our team of experienced dentists and dedicated staff are committed to providing our valued patients with personalised service to ensure the best possible outcome and experience.
- We believe that good oral health is an integral part of overall well-being, so we strive to create a friendly environment where people can feel at ease.
- Our Oral Care includes over-the-counter painkillers and dental treatments such as extractions, fillings and root canals which require local anaesthesia to keep you comfortable during the process.